Denica is the founder and CEO of SukkhaCitta, an award-winning social enterprise that changes lives in rural Indonesia. Working directly with craftswomen and smallholder farmers, she is changing the way clothes are grown, made, and worn – empowering the makers while respecting planetary boundaries.
From introducing natural dyes to rediscovering indigenous wisdom to grow cotton regeneratively, the trained economist has built one of the world's first farm to closet supply chains. Providing direct access to education and living wages to the most marginalized women in Villages, not factories.
Her work to empower women and regenerate the planet has been recognized by the Cartier Women's Initiative Award, SEED Low Carbon Award by UNEP, Forbes 30 Under 30, Tatler’s GenT, Prestige 40 Under 40, Fast Company World Changing Idea, DBS Foundation Social Enterprise Award, as well as Herworld Women of the Year.
Today, SukkhaCitta is a B Corporation voted Best for the World™ and the first brand in the world to be certified as Ethically Handcrafted™.
For speaking and partnerships:
Gita (Whatsapp +62 822-9835-6176)
or email email@example.com
- Cartier Women's Initiative Award
- We need to normalise responsible fashion | Financial Times
- Social Enterprise Award | DBS Foundation
- Baju Penyembuh Bumi | Endgame with Gita Wirjawan
- Women Driving Sustainable Transformation in ASEAN | ADB SEADS
- Leadership Award for Sustainable Fashion - Winner | Common Objective
- The Cost of Looking Good | Forbes Indonesia
- What about women? | United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- This is The Other Hidden Cost of Fast Fashion - And How We Can Fix It | Tatler Asia
- Healing Mother Earth, Healing Ourselves | Fashion Revolution
- Rediscovering indigenous regenerative farming | Conscious Chatter
- Changing how the world looks at clothes | Deutsche Welle
- ‘Farm-to-closet’ social enterprise makes waves in Indonesia’s fashion industry | Business Times Singapore
- Turning fashion into a powerhouse for sustainable development | SEED Low Carbon Award by UNEP
- What I've Learned | Jakarta Post
- Creating Waves of Joy with SukkhaCitta | Prestige
- Gen.T Social Enterpreneur | Tatler Asia
- Forbes 30 Under 30 | Forbes Asia
- Dalam Balutan Kisah | Greatmind
- 40 Under 40 The Vanguards | Prestige Asia