Denica is the founder and CEO of SukkhaCitta, an award-winning social enterprise that's changing lives in rural Indonesia. Working directly with craftswomen and smallholder farmers, she is changing the way clothes are grown, made, and worn – empowering the makers while respecting planetary boundaries.
From introducing natural dyes to rediscovering indigenous wisdom to grow cotton regeneratively, the trained economist has built one of the world's first farm to closet supply chains. Providing access to education and living wages to the most marginalized women in Villages, not factories.
She is the first Indonesian woman to win first place at the prestigious Cartier Women's Initiative Award in 2023. Her activism has awarded her various recognitions, from Forbes 30 Under 30 (Social Entrepreneurship), Tatler GenT, Prestige 40 Under 40, and Herworld Women of The Year.
Today, SukkhaCitta is a B Corporation voted Best for the World™ and the first fashion brand in the world to be certified as Ethically Handcrafted™ by NEST. Her work proves that a different path is possible. Sparking change and empowering a generation to reclaim the power of their choice.
For speaking and partnerships:
Gita (Whatsapp +62 822-9835-6176)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indigenous regenerative farming & challenging the status quo
Conscious Chatter Podcast
Collaborating for a Net Zero Indonesia
Awards & Press
- Cartier Women's Initiative Award | First Place
- We need to normalise responsible fashion | Financial Times
- Sustainable Fashion Playbook | UNDP & UN Climate Change
- The Founder of SukkhaCitta wants to break the poverty cycle | Channel News Asia
- Denica Riadini-Flesch is changing the future of fashion right here in Southeast Asia | Grazia
- Social Enterprise Award | DBS Foundation
- Leadership Award for Sustainable Fashion - Winner | Common Objective
- The Cost of Looking Good | Forbes Indonesia
- What about women? | United Nations Development Program
- This is The Other Hidden Cost of Fast Fashion - And How We Can Fix It | Tatler Asia
- Changing how the world looks at clothes | Deutsche Welle
- Healing Mother Earth, Healing Ourselves | Fashion Revolution
- ‘Farm-to-closet’ social enterprise makes waves in Indonesia’s fashion industry | Business Times Singapore
- Turning fashion into a powerhouse for sustainable development | SEED Low Carbon Award
- What I've Learned | Jakarta Post
- Creating Waves of Joy with SukkhaCitta | Prestige
- Gen.T Social Enterpreneur | Tatler Asia
- Forbes 30 Under 30 | Forbes Asia
- Dalam Balutan Kisah | Greatmind
- 40 Under 40 The Vanguards | Prestige Asia