One of a Kind - Sylk Kain
"Kain' means cloth, a piece that has captured a woman's unique story through generations. Reinterpreting the Pagi Sore traditional composition, your piece features a modern symmetry of golden flowers that contrast with the subtle dots that adorn this meaningful fabric of life.
WHY SHE'S SPECIAL
- One piece, endless possibilities. Wear it over your shoulder as a shawl, tie around your waist as a skirt, style it as a dress, or hang it as an art piece.
- Soft and luxurious. Nothing can describe the delicateness of our vegan silk on your skin. The edges are hand-rolled stitched, taking our Ibu 1 whole day to finish!
- 3-colored art piece. Our Ibus first draw the white seeds, before dyeing the fabric in Mahogany wood to make it red. After, she draws the second layer before dipping it 27x in the vat to create the deepest Midnight hue. The one-of-a-kind piece took 90 days to craft.
BHUMI is the intention to choose faith over fear. When the weight of uncertainty consumes you, remember that you contain everything you need within. Keep going, the dots will connect backwards.
HAND-DRAWN BATIK | Jlamprang Village, East Java
HAND-ROLL STITCHED IN | Jlamprang Village, Central Java
NATURAL DYE | SweetIndigo™
MATERIAL | Vegan Sylk from Eucalyptus fibre
THREADS | Recycled Polyester
PACKAGING | Zero-waste Pouch
If you’re in Indonesia, you can finally shop hassle-free with 0% installments! Available for all credit cards by BCA, BNI and BRI.
How does it work?
- Find your favorite piece(s) and go to checkout
- Select Credit & Debit card as payment method
- Enter your credit card details
- Select installment option (BCA, BRI, BNI only)
Time to finally get those beautiful pieces in your shopping cart ;)
Wanna try on our Ibus' pieces or custom your own meaningful clothes? Our new Studio is open for private viewings with strict health protocols. That means, you'll be the only guest in the time that you booked :)
Together with you, we're changing an entire industry to be clean and inclusive for women who've been kept invisible for too long. I hope that every time you wear your most meaningful clothes, it reminds you of the impact your choice is creating in someone's life.
Made by Mothers
From farm to fabric, your new piece supports 12 families. Proceeds fund our craft schools, helping women get out of poverty.
Regenerates Our Planet
We work with indigenous women farmers to grow your clothes with regenerative farming techniques. Eliminating toxic chemicals and reversing climate change by returning the soil's health.
Comes with a promise of free repairs and packed in a cute reusable pouch. We also plant a tree for you with every purchase - yay!
One of a Kind - Sylk Kain