ALUNAN - Evening Dress in Porcelain
You dream of a dress that can check many boxes in your life. The Evening Dress wraps you in an understated yet refined elegance. Your perfect dress for cocktail hours and soirees. A luxuriously handcrafted dress that is meant to let you shine.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Your Porcelain piece is a true work of art. It's marbled white is achieved from a reverse Batik process: 1 Ibu ('mother') would cover the whole background with beeswax for days. Its beauty came from the natural blue lines that came through the crack of the wax when the master-dyer dyed it by hand.
- Nope, this dress is not see through. Each is lined with our signature super soft Silk Tencel, making it oh-so-comfortable on your skin!
- Pockets. Because a girl needs her secrets.
- Tiny details go a long way. Like our mother-of-pearl button accent on the neckline that elevates your new favorite dress.
- Flatters your body. This dress is designed with a relaxed silhouette, with a ribbon that hugs your hip. It accentuates your natural curves while making you feel like a present.
Model 1 is 163cm, EU size S. She wears All Size.
Model 2 is 163cm, EU size M. She wears All Size.
ALL SIZE: S-L
ALUNAN is a reminder to slow down. A melody of flowers that invites you to stop and be present. Each fleeting petal embodies a moment, gone in a heartbeat - but lives forever in your heart.
ORIGIN | Jlamprang Village, Central Java
CRAFT | Hand drawn Batik
NATURAL DYE | SweetIndigo™
MATERIAL | Super soft Tencel (Lenzing)
BUTTONS | Mother of pearl from Makassar, Indonesia
PACKAGING | Handwoven Pouch
Visit our Sizing Guide for more information on how to measure yourself and find your size! Feel free to email us at email@example.com for a sizing recommendation as well as customization options :)
We work hard to do the right thing for our artisans and for the planet - and we couldn’t do it without you! Here's what makes your clothes so meaningful:
Over 56% of your purchase flows directly to our villages - providing fair work, funding our craft schools and much needed trainings for our craftswomen.
Kind & Traceable: From eucalyptus fiber to dyeing with banana stems and palm sugar, we work hard to make sure your choices do not hurt the planet. Oh, and we plant 1 tree with each of your purchase!
Designed for decades, not days: We see clothes as an investment, not something to be tossed after waring it once. That’s why we focus so much on quality, offer redye and even a free repair service!
Shipping within Indonesia:
All orders shipping in Indonesia ships for free - yay!
Singapore: $15 / 4-6 days
Rest of the world: $30 / 10-14 days
We gladly accept unworn, unwashed items with the tags still attached within 14 days of ship date for store credit. For more information on our returns policy, click here.
What if your clothes can change lives?
The truth is that every choice we make has an impact on someone’s life. We believe that for something to be truly beautiful, the system that created it must be beautiful. That's why we work hard to do the right thing. Together with you, we're changing an entire industry to be clean and inclusive for women who've been kept invisible for too long.
I hope that every time you wear your most meaningful clothes, it reminds you of the impact your choices are enabling in our villages and beyond.
A nerd who cares,
Through your clothes, we are impacting 1,282 lives in rural Indonesia.
Our traceable natural dyes prevent toxic chemicals from entering our rivers.
Your piece comes with a promise of free repairs - for real.
Design your dream piece
Love our fabrics - but want it tailored to your personal style and size?
ALUNAN - Evening Dress in Porcelain